Sunday, September 29, 2013

Birds of a Feather

Yesterday, I bought a bird feeder. Sited, assembled, and loaded it with freshly purchased food. Then, an anxious wait for winged dinner guests, who never showed up.


Long ago I was a birder, but the bird feeder is more about new friends. While I'd prefer to sight my earthbound friends from 40 years, with last month's move they are 400 miles away. I know, and practice, today's many ways to communicate -- text, email, FaceTime, Facebook, and the time-honored phone.

I miss proximity. Years ago, I wrote for a client in the travel business that you can't email a handshake. Nor can you FaceTime a hug.

It's not the same.

This morning, I woke to a brighter day. And, my new friends came for a breakfast of seeds and nuts.








No comments:

Post a Comment