Friday, September 27, 2013

Relocation = Dislocation or Who Moved My Keys?



I can relate. Like Billy, I’m an aging boomer (wait, that’s redundant).

And, where are my keys, Billy?  My husband and I moved a month ago and precious unpacking time has been spent on key quests or looking for the iPhone charger, or seeking any number of other misplaced possessions.

Our patterns are disrupted.

Totally.

There’s a reason for this. We moved our keys 400 miles away from their usual places. Yet, according to the Holmes – Rahe Stress Inventory Scale provided by the American Institute of Stress (I’m glad I didn’t work there!), changing residences is only #32 on the list of life’s most stressful events. I also retired last month; retirement is #10. So, if you take the move, the retirement, add my age, and divide by the average mean temperature you get … no closer to finding my keys or the phone charger.

The good news is we put up a key rack. Now, to remember where it is and to use it.




No comments:

Post a Comment