Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Gone Fishin'


I haven't gone fishing, but I may as well have for all the attention I've been giving to writing new entries for Retirement and Relocation.

I've had some thoughts for blog topics, including "Here Be Dragons." Other possible topics include writing about the joys of spending time with adult children (going to weddings with my older daughter and road trips and baseball games with younger daughter or about the sheer joy of reconnecting with a cherished sibling (my sister visited last week).

But, we're in the midst of an intense election season in North Carolina.

Duty calls.

For Halloween, I may go as a "flaming liberal." I tried out the costume last week at the Charlotte rally where Hillary Clinton came to stump for Sen. Kay Hagan's re-election. (I live-Tweeted -- my new career?) I know, I need more buttons and more blue to complete the look, but I've gotten a start, especially with the Catawba County Dem Women t-shirt.

So, off to work the polls, where here in this conservative county if you offer a Republican information about Democrat candidates the reaction can make you feel as if you just said, "Would you like a vial of Ebola virus?"

Back to fishing.  For votes. For good candidates and fair-minded judges.

No comments:

Post a Comment